As you know, English is the universal language of business. If you have already taken Business English lessons, you know you can perform well in a business meeting. For those non-English speakers who don’t have these skills, business meetings are more challenging. Here are some essential phrases you need to get through a meeting:
Opening the Meeting
When conducting a meeting, it is essential to start with the right opening. The right opening can include welcoming remarks and introductions. This is a vital part of every meeting because you create your initial impression on your clients and demonstrate how you handle business. Some useful phrases are:
- Good morning/afternoon, everyone.
- Now that everyone has arrived, we can get started / If we are all here, let’s begin the meeting.
- Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming today. For those of you who don’t know me yet, I am…
- Please join me in welcoming… / I’d like to extend a warm welcome to… / I’d like to introduce (name of participant)
The Meeting Itself
After the introduction, you then move onto the meeting. Transitioning to the start of the meeting can be done in several ways:
- First, I would like to review the minutes from our last meeting…
- Now, let’s get to the first point on our agenda…
- What does everyone think about…
- I’d like to get your feedback on…
- Let’s move on to the next topic…
Concluding the Meeting
Once the discussion is complete, it’s time to wrap up. Properly ending the meeting is the last crucial step to get right. Common endings include:
- That will be all for today…
- Before we conclude, does anyone have any final comments?
- If no one has anything else to add, then we’ll wrap this up.
- Thank you all for coming, see you at the next meeting.
Taylingual has different packages to help Business professionals master Business English. We offer many packages for Business English lessons to help with business meetings.
To learn more, please click here: https://taylingual.com/services/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taylingual
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/taylingual
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQp2Ct_fco0btCgXNtLBMmQ
Subscribe to our newsletter: http://taylingual.com/contact-us/
“Advancing careers one English lesson at a time.”
#taylingual #englishtutor #businessenglish #internationalbusinessprofessionals #englishonline #aprenderingles #business #success #inspiration #international #nonEnglishspeaking #global